Friday, February 20, 2009

True Love

Love...I believe in it to the point that I feel it is one of the purposes in my life to fufill. To give as much love as I possibley can while also searching for "The One". My one and only. I have love instilled in me; its part of who I am. I am the hopelessEST romantic. I am the one that gets hust over again but still maintains faith. Its funny how there is always that one weakness that everyone has. (kryptonite) mine is love. Love is my greatest accomplishment and worst downfall. I am emotionally strong and mentally determined. I am as independent as i can get for now and yet with love I can fall apart. Regardless, I still believe in it for I think there is no power stronger then finding true love; no greater sense of completeness and purpose then that obtained by two soul mates. I am convinced of this truth, which is why a career path in spanish soaps suits me. I understand these women. The women who are lonley and sleep with men to temporarly fill their emptiness, The women who find the man of their life and fight the most terrible obsticales life has to give to fight for their love, The women who are so bitter from being loveless that they do horrible things to ruin love from others, The women who are afriad to love a man that is interested for fear of getting hurt, The women who flirt but never completley give themself to a man for fear of being powerless. The list goes on with all these women and more and all in ONE telenovela. soaps are always are about love. Most generally fall into one of these general topics; A poor woman falls in love with a rich man, A rich man falls in love with a poor woman, or a histoical romance set in reneissance or the revolution etc.. Do you see the common theme ..LOVE.The best way to descibe the format of novelas would be with a quote by Patricio Wills if telemundo, "The plot is always the same. In the first three minutes of the first episode the viewer already knows the novela will end with that same couple kissing each other. A telenovela is all about a couple who wants to kiss and a scriptwriter who stands in their way for 150 episodes." Like he said the beginning of the soap lets you know who the main lovers are and then it provides a main problem followed by a seris of unfortunate events but always ending with the bad guys getting there punishment and the lovers getting married. You can learn so much about culture in novelas as well because they always have subliminally informative episodes that explain a cultural thing or region. If you have never watched a telenovela then you have never satisfied your inner romantic. It is beautiful and addicting. I have written way to much so I will stop here and leave you all with a clip of a more recent novela that is one of my FAVORITES and that uses historical romance as its theme....Welcome to Telenovela one called...PASION or in english Passion......

The Break down,

Passion is about a beautiful woman named Camila who was in love with a guy named Santiago. The have loved eachother since they were little but a bunch of stuff happens in the beginning and they are seperated the day before their wedding. Camila through this seris of bad events gets captured by pirates( this all happens within the first 3 episiodes). She comes face to face for the first time with the captian of the ship Ricardo. This is where the love story REALLY begins. She hates him because on the ship she and the others who were captured are treated like slaves and are on there way to be sold as so. Ricardo, however, is not a bad pirate and when they get to where they were going to sell the captives he gives a pirate money to buy the freedom of camila and a few others. Well of course the pirate does not do this and keeps the money for himself( he way later in the soap fights with Ricardo and dies). Camila is therefore bought as a slave for this old mean man who just so happens to be the uncle of Ricardo. This man despise life and his own sister and his blind daughter because in the past the girl he fell in love with was in love with his brother (Ricardos father) which is why he also HATES Ricardo....((((The plot thickens))))) The man Educates camila and cleans her up and buys her nicer clothes of. None of this matters to her because she just wants to go back home to her love santiago of whom she was seperated. The blind daughter gets jealous of camila and wants her to leave so she helps her send a letter to her home so that she can tell santiago that she is alive and needs him. WELLLL Camila's sister has always been secretly in love with santiago so of course the letter gets in her hands and she destorys it so that santiago will think Camila is dead. He eventually believes this after a month of her being gone and agrees to marry Camila's sister all the while constantly crying and thinking about Camila... a bunch of stuff happens and Camila gets back home with the fortune of the man who bought her. ( he died suddenly of a heart attack and had given everything to Camila in his will just to spite his sister and blind daughter which later causes big conflict between Camila and the blind daughter) Excited to finally be runited with the love of her life and her family she goes home only to find out he has married her SISTER! Camila is heart broken and lost faith in love. SO she and a girl who she met along the way get a place in the town together. Well since the money for the old man went to Camila the blind daughter had nothing and went crying to her cousin ( who is also the man she has always loved because he is the only man in her life that showed her some affection.....RICARDO!) Ricardo upon hearing the onesided story feels obligated to help is poor blind cousin and goes to the town with her, his aunt, and his best pirate friend to find a way to get the money back from Camila. He cuts his hair and dresses in nice upperclass clothes to disguise himself from what he looked like when Camila had met him as a pirate on his ship. After he comes to town comes to and meets Camila and spends more time with her he falls madly in love with her. She is reluctant to believe in his love because she discovers quickly who he is but later falls madly in love with him. She is in awe because she though she would never get over Santiago but turns out that Ricadro wins her love over and she now feels nothing for Santigo besides friendship. This becomes a HUGE conflict between Ricardo v.s. Santiago because Santiago is still in love with Camila. He has always loved her but married her sister because he thought she was dead....Well I wont tell you what happens but all that will catch you up to this scene...This is the scene after about 2 weeks of getting to know eachother and the truths are all out on the table, Ricardo comes back from a trip he took as a pirate only to find that Camila really missed him. He asks her if the fact that she missed him that much means that she accepts his love and she says YES!!! so he twirls her around and tells her how deeply in love he is and that he cant stop kissing her!!! if you want the rest of this scenes translation ...ask me cuz im tired lol ..Enjoy!!!!



PASION....




2 comments:

  1. First of all....damn girl! This was a lot to read, but it was well worth the like twenty five minutes. *Shakes fist* I honestly think you should consider writing as a minor, or something. Even screenplays, which is what I'm doing, because you can certainly tell you have the heart to talk about this stuff. And I think you could totally act out this of course, but you're writing is very real and honest, and you can tell a story. Consider it is all I'm saying haha. After a recession, a war, a fight...after everything there's going to be love and I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. Telenovas, like any scripted television show, is obviously related to real life, just a little more exciting and fast paced. I loved how you went through the women looking for love...I connected with those women! Hahaha, probably each of them. I'd honestly love to see what you would love to act out, what you'd want your character to be like...so you should totally blog about that. I feel bad, it's like yours is the only one I read weekly! Shit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girlie!!
    I would like to say you pretty much summed up me and love and my love life too in you're first entire paragraph. I am a hopless romantic too. = P
    It's bad..lol But I can completely relate. I love that I'm not the only one out there who feels so stongly on the subject and it is really cool to see how that has helped you to want to be what you're going to school for.
    I also admire how you write with such passion and force to get your word across. I see that as such an amazing attribute to have and it is really reflected in your writing. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete