
The Impossible Love
I went on spring break my senior year to Cancun. Me and Josh were going through our first breakup so this vacation was JUST what I needed to have some fun with my best friend. It was all girls me my mom my best friend, her mom, her sister(2years younger), and her sisters best friend. Let me tell you I had the most fun I have EVER had. We did a lot of drinking of course but me being the activity girl was sooo active. I mean I was playing tug of war, water polo, VOLLEYBALL, and participating in all the crazy events. I was the only girl who asked to do the iron man challenge that was an obstacle course with pushups and all were 3 men competed. I was 3 sec away from winning but I’m not a beer chugger lol. Any way that’s where I met Jerry. Jerry was the manager of the entertainment staff. He was tall, dark, and handsome! He was 27 years old and of course 100% Mexican fun outgoing and athletic. I met Jerry the second day I was there and we did everything together after that. He joined in on all the activities not just the ones he like so that way he could do them with me. When I didn’t do one he would come and eat lunch with me. He was sooo sweet. Every night was a show from the entertainment staff and then clubbing until 4am. Then I would wake up at 9 and jump up to get ready for more sun. One of the nights Jerry saw me sitting in the crowd and walked through everyone to come give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. He would stare at me with these eye that would just penetrate right through me I swear. And his smile…UUUHHH I loved that smile it was sooo big and shiny compared to his darker complexion. The next night he pulled me up into the show to be part of it ! I was to act like a sexy girl who gets caught by her dad making out with a guy. It was so funny. Then after the show there was a live band playing music in the lobby. Well Jerry requested a salsa because he knew it was my favorite and danced with me right in the lobby. He was such a gentlemen. I have yet to meet a man that can match his chivalry and courting of a woman. He was kind to all of my family ( my best friend and her family is more like my second family). He was always so sweet to my mom which was so important to me because my mom is my world. He even took us out to this club on the outside of Cancun that had authentic Latin music not the American stuff all the other clubs played. I mean he left the other entertainers to tend to the other people so he could take us out. My last night he went up to my mom and asked her permission to take me to dinner. She said yes for she trusted him( my mom has always had great judgment) and she knew its what I wanted). That was one of the most unforgettable nights of my life. I mean roses and romantic words. Walks on the beach. It was just beautiful. Now most would say ok Jeni but that’s his job how do you know he is not that way with everyone. BECAUSE I KNOW. WE maintained contact all the next year texts, calls, e-mails, facebook whatever it took. The letters were all beautiful just little reminders of the one man who made me feel like a woman. Cherished and respected. Well last July over a year after we met, I went to Puerto Vallarta. He had already informed me that he got promoted to a higher pay at a different resort in Los Cabos. Well before I left for Vallarta I told him that if he could come visit I would love to see him..(mind you before this he had offered to send me tickets to go see him in México) You see he does not have a Visa thus he cannot come to the states. He has even been to Europe just not the US. Well he did not respond to I went two days later to Vallarta. Upon arriving I got a text from him asking if I arrived and that he told his work that he has business to fix so he needed an emergency leave. That gave him 3 days to spend with me and he would fly in 2 days. I was ecstatic. It was just my mom me and my little sister this time. Well he ended up getting a hotel and taking me out ever y day/night. He was passionately wonderful and I was addicted to the way he treated me. Jerry and I still talk but he still can’t come here and its hard for me to go there. If me and Jerry one day end up together then I would be soo happy but I am not waiting for him to let other love pass me by. Because if we were meant to be we WILL be. But if not then Jerry will always remind me of how a woman should be treated and how it feels to really be loved/what I really want from a man…To feel cherished and to be respected. I had slowly lost or just slightly forgotten that feeling when Jesse came along….

No comments:
Post a Comment